While traveling full-time in our RV, I found that my Ninja Foodi pressure cooker is a godsend! I can cook almost anything in it without heating up the place and trust me in a 5th wheel that means a lot. I went to Olive Garden and tried this soup. I love it and now I can have it anytime! Try it with a salad and crusty bread. YUMMY!
- 1 lbs. hot Italian sausage (can substitute with 1 lb. mild Italian sausage)
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large russet potatoes, washed, halved, and sliced thin
- 1 small bunch of kale washed, stems removed and cut into bite size pieces
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups warm water mixed with 8 tsp. chicken bouillon*
- 2 Tbsp. flour, mixed into ¼ cup of water to make a slurry
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, at room temperature
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Turn your instant pot on to sauté med-high. Add bacon and cook until crisp, drain and set aside. 10 min
- To same pot heated to med-high heat, add the Italian sausage and using your spatula break it down into bite size pieces. Cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Add onions and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes or until translucent.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the chicken bouillon water, pepper, and potatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are done.
- When potatoes are soft, stir your flour slurry to mix up anything that may have settled. Slowly add to your pot, stir to combine and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add bacon, kale, and heavy cream, stir to combine.
Notes: *Instead of the bouillon you can use chicken stock but be sure to add salt to your liking; I have found that many recipes call for chicken stock, but then you must add salt, so I often use bouillon.