My family loves when I make this dish. There are so many ways you can use this recipe. Try this with tortilla chips, over your taco, or burrito, and on top of scrambled eggs. I’m certain you can find many ways to use this recipe as well. We always have this salsa with my Barbacoa Beef Barbacoa and It’s YUMMY!
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) can low-sodium corn kernels*
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, minced (optional)
- Zest from ½ lime
- Juice of 1-½ limes*
- zest from 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried Mexican oregano*
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stir together black beans, corn, red onion, red pepper, cilantro, and jalapeno in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Pour liquid mixture over salsa and mix thoroughly. Add additional salt and pepper, to taste if desired. Cover and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
*If you have fresh corn, you can substitute that. If you don’t like spicy food remove the jalapeño.