Not only is this dish beautiful, but it’s also healthy too. Packed full of fiber and taste, it’s sure to be a hit with your family too. We love eating this alone, but it’s a nice side dish for fish and other meats.
- 6 cups chopped kale
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper cut into small pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup water mixed with 1 tsp. chicken bouillon
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked tri-color quinoa
- 1 cup cooked Israeli couscous (pearls).
- Heat olive oil in a large pot. Add onion and red bell pepper and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 more minute. Once done, remove to plate and keep warm.
- To your large pot add kale, broccoli, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and soy sauce. Cook until vegetables are tender crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked add back to the pot the onions, red bell peppers, couscous, quinoa, and spinach. Cook 2 to 3 minutes to heat through. Add salt* and pepper to taste.
- Serve this wonderful dish warm.
*I didn’t add salt because I thought the chicken bouillon and soy sauce added enough but do a taste test and add if you feel necessary.