This is such a delicious side dish. I make eggrolls often and my husband always asks, “Can you please
make fried rice too?” I always do because he likes it so much. It’s a simple easy meal. I hope you enjoy
it as much as we do.
- 4 cups cold, cooked jasmine rice
- 5 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce*
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Heat all oil in a large skillet to med-high heat. Once heated add rice and cook until rice is heated and separates, about 3-4 minutes. Add peas and cook 2 min.
- Move cooked rice and peas to the side of the skillet and in the empty space add the eggs. Cook, stirring the eggs often for about 4-5 min.
- Once eggs are cooked, add the soy sauce, onions, and pepper to the top of the rice and then stir all ingredients to combine. Cook 1 min. and serve warm.
*Everyone’s tastes are different, if you are on a low sodium diet, use less soy sauce. Taste your rice
before serving and adjust the soy sauce to your liking.
You can make this a one dish meal by adding cooked meat like pork, or chicken. Have fun making your
own creations. Some folks add frozen carrots to their rice as well. You do you!