I have been to several crab boils, and I always look forward to the next one. While visiting Galveston, TX, we had access to fresh fish markets and that’s where I found this lovely once blue crab and fresh shrimp. You know I had to do my own boil then. Shrimp boils are so fun and easy too.
- 6 blue crabs, washed
- 2 lbs. shrimp, washed
- 2 lbs. small red potatoes, washed
- 6 whole corn on the cob, shucked, washed, cut in thirds
- ½ cup of Louisiana Crawfish Shrimp & Crab Boil*
- Enough water to cover all ingredients
- In a large pot add potatoes, crabs, and the Louisiana Crawfish seasoning. Add enough water to cover everything by at least 2 inches, you may have to add more water later. Stir well and bring to a boil. Once boiling turn down heat and boil for 10 min.
- Once 10 min. has elapsed, add the corn and boil for 5 minutes. At this point do a taste test of the broth if weak add a little more spice mix, if to strong add a cup of water and repeat the process until it tastes like magic to you.
- Add shrimp to pot and turn off heat. Allow to rest for 10 to 20 minutes. **
- Once the pot has rested, serve.
*I bought a 16 oz. pkg., but you might find something smaller, or just save the remainder for another time.
** The spice mixture is spicy and according to the package instructions, the longer it sits the spicier it gets. If you want it milder, add the shrimp and cook 3 minutes, then serve immediately.