While in Boise, Idaho we visited a restaurant called Diablo and Sons. I ordered a steak, and it was cooked to perfection. The steak had a coffee rub, and I am hooked. I usually make a double batch, so I have some on hand. Try this rub next time you grill!
- ½ cup ground coffee
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon + 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- 4 steaks of your choosing, allow to come to room temp. (We like Ribeye)
- Put all ingredients, besides the steak, in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Once your steak is at room temperature, season both sides of the steak with the coffee rub.
- For a nice medium rare steak, Heat your grill to a high. Grill the steaks until golden brown and slightly charred, about 4 minutes per side.
- Allow steak to rest a few minutes prior to serving.