When I tried this recipe, I was amazed at how well all the flavors came together. This is a succulent, Moroccan stew like dish that’s packed full of flavor. I created my version of this recipe and the family loved it. I am sure you will too!
- 1 pound beef chuck roast, cut into 1 in. cubes
- 1 ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 med. yellow onion, cut into large strips
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz), undrained
- 3 cups peeled, cubed butternut squash
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- In a bowl add paprika, cinnamon, salt, ginger, pepper flakes, black pepper, stir to combine.
- Add beef to bowl and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a skillet, and beef. Cook until beef is browned, about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic, cook for 1 minute, or until onion is translucent.
- Add broth and tomatoes, bring to a boil. Cook for 5 min.
- Add butternut squash, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until squash is fork tender.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
I like to serve this with a side of quinoa
One thought on “Beef Tagine with Butternut Squash”
This is a superb recipe full of different flavors and textures. Thanks for posting.
LikeLiked by 1 person