This is an easy, delicious, filling meal that doesn’t break the bank. It’s beautiful too!
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 6 white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, divided (mince half and slice the other half)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper, divided
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 tsp. beef bouillon
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. oil, divided
- 4 eggs
- Green onions, chopped for garnish
- Add the beef, garlic powder, minced onions, salt, and pepper to a bowl, and mix to combine. Separate the beef into 4 equal sections, and form hamburger patties.
- Add 1 Tbsp. oil to a skillet and heat to medium-high. Add the beef patties, and cook until done, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to plate and keep warm.
- Wipe out the skillet and then heat it to med-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. oil and when the oil is hot, add the sliced onions and mushrooms. Sauté 3 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and onions are translucent. Remove to plate and keep warm.
- Dissolve the bouillon in the hot water, set aside.
- In a medium saucepot, add the butter and 1 tsp. oil. Once butter is melted add the flour and onion powder, cook 1 minute.
- Fry the eggs to your liking, I like mine sunny side up or over easy.
- Add about ¾ cup rice to a plate, top the rice with some of the onions and mushrooms, then gravy, next hamburger patty, and last the fried egg. Repeat 3 more times.
2 thoughts on “Easy Loco Moco”
This recipe is a great combination of flavors and textures.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Thank you and so easy too!
LikeLiked by 1 person