Talk about a flavorful marinade. It’s both tangy and spicy. I love lemon zest and it really brings the flavor profile to a full circle. Take your time marinading your chicken. I like to marinate it overnight, but no less than 4 hours. Also, I sometimes make and extra batch to use as a sauce. * Pair this dish with Chicken Rice with Onions and Garlic and a side salad.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ yellow onion, chopped
- 4 to 8 Thai chili peppers, minced **
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. oregano
- Chives, chopped (optional garnish)
- In a small bowl add all the ingredients, except chicken. Stir well to combine all ingredients.
- Add chicken thighs to a zip lock bag and pour marinade over chicken. Roll the chicken around to coat completely and allow it to marinate for at least 4 hours, but overnight is best. Toss the chicken on occasion as the marinade will settle.
- Heat oven to 400℉ place chicken thighs on a baking sheet and bake for 35 to 45 min. The internal temperature should reach 165℉. *
- Once done, top with additional sauce if you made it and chives.
*I often make a double batch of the marinade to use as a dipping sauce. For the dipping sauce, I cook the marinade for a few minutes, and drizzle on the chicken prior to serving.
**Use 8 Thai peppers if you want it really spice, or if spicy food isn’t an option for you just leave the peppers out.
One thought on “Spicy Marinated Chicken Thighs”