While visiting with a good friend she made this recipe and both me and my husband are hooked. It is traditionally an Italian recipe, but it goes well with many dishes, so I make it often. I tweaked the recipe to make it my own and it’s amazing.
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil. Divided
- 1 ½ Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Pepper to taste
- ½ baguette, thinly sliced
- Add to bowl, tomatoes, garlic, green onion, basil, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and pepper. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Brush 1 side of each baguette slice with olive oil and place on baking sheet, olive oil side up. Once oven is heated place in oven and toast for about 3 minutes, checking bottom so it does not burn.
- Remove toasted bread from oven and add a spoonful of the tomato mixture onto each slice. Serve immediately.