This dish is a delicious appetizer and makes enough to cover 2 blocks of cream cheese.
- 12 oz cranberries (fresh or frozen) chopped (chop by hand or pulse in food processor)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 and 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1- 2 small jalapeno peppers, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Block of cream cheese
- Mix all the above ingredients in a glass bowl. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving (best if made the day before). To serve pour over the top of a block of cream cheese. I only serve half at a time in case it does not all get eaten at once. We eat it this with wheat thins.