With this recipe there’s no baking required. Stovetop to plate makes this a quick dish for any day of the week.
- 2 cups Red Enchilada Sauce at room temperature*
- 4 cups shredded chicken or turkey
- 16 Corn tortillas
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Sour cream, for serving
- Place enchilada sauce in a wide bowl and heat 1 Tbsp. cooking oil in a skillet on med-high heat.
- Take one cold corn tortilla and dip it in the enchilada sauce covering both sides. Place in skillet with hot oil being careful as this will splatter. Adjust your heat as needed. Cook for about 1 minute then flip over.
- Take about 2 Tbsp. chicken and spread evenly on one edge. Using 2 spatulas, carefully roll the corn shell into the shape of an enchilada. Cook for an additional 30 seconds or until the enchilada is warmed through. Continue this process until shells are used up.
- Plate your tamales top with cheese and cilantro. Serve with sour cream if desired.
These are best served immediately!
*You can use any enchilada sauce you prefer