When I purchased the poblano peppers I was going to make chili rellenos, but I wanted to try something a little lighter and not fried. I am glad I did! These stuffed poblano peppers were a huge hit with my family and it’s definitely on my list of favorites!
- 4 poblano peppers
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (1 oz.) pkg. Old El Paso Taco Mix (hot or mild)
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro (optional garnish)
- Heat oven to 350℉
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet on med-high heat. Add the ground turkey and break down the meat while cooking for 5 minutes, or until done. Drain, return to skilled and add frozen cauliflower rice, black beans taco seasoning, salt, and garlic powder. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 4 to 5 minutes.
- While meat is cooking, rinse the poblano peppers and remove the stem. Cut a long slice across the top and remove membranes and seeds, set aside.
- When the meat mixture is fully cooked, evenly divide and fill each poblano pepper. Top with cheese and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until peppers are soft and filling reaches 165 ℉
- Top with cilantro if using then serve.
Calories: 351 per 1 stuffed pepper