This is a dish I make often because my family loves it and it’s so easy to do. Not only is it tasty it can be served for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You can double the recipe and freeze one for another use. *
- 1 refrigerated pie crust **
- 1 cup half and half
- 5 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and broken into smaller pieces
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Carefully unroll 1 pie crust and place into a 9 in. pie pan.
- In a medium sized bowl add the half and half, eggs, onions and salt and pepper. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In this order top the pie crust with cheese, spinach, bacon and lastly the egg mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 40 to 50 minutes, or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to rest for 10 minutes prior to serving.
*If you want to make ahead and freeze, bake the recipe as noted above. Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Place the cooled pan and quiche in the freezer and freeze. When the quiche is completely frozen, remove from pie pan and wrap tightly in cling wrap.
When it is time to reheat, do not defrost. Set the oven to 350℉. Unwrap the quiche, place back into your pie pan, cover with foil, and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until heated through.
One thought on “BACON CHEDDAR SPINACH QUICHE”