Do you ever have leftover meat from the night before and wonder what to do with it? How about turning it into a whole new meal? These microwaved potatoes are topped with leftover meat and tasty chipotle sauce. It’s a quick, delicious easy weeknight dinner that’s sure to please the entire family.
- 4 large potatoes, washed
- Meat of your choosing (Beef, Chicken, or Pork) cut up or shredded into bite size chunks *
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Chipotle Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce**
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ Tbsp. lime juice
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wrap each potato individually in cling wrap, and poke both sides, several times with a fork. Place in microwave and cook on high heat for about 10 min., or until fork tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, to a blender add chipotle peppers, mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, and garlic powder. Blend until smooth. Set aside
- Remove potato to plate and slice down the middle. Fluff the inside of the potato with a fork then top with meat, cheese, and onion. Drizzle with chipotle sauce and serve right away.
*This is a great recipe to use up the leftover meat from the night before, or from a rotisserie chicken. I used leftover pork I used to make tamales.
**To cut the spice level, use one chipotle pepper instead of two.