Want a delicious breakfast recipe that’s easy to make? Look no further this will become a family favorite.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 – 10 oz. pkg. pork chorizo *
- 8 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 flour tortillas
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp. cooking oil
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Sour cream (optional)
- Your favorite salsa (optional)
- Heat oil in a skillet to med-high. Once heated add the potatoes, chorizo, onions, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Break the chorizo down it will turn almost to mush. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are soft, and the outside is browned, about 25 to 30 min.
- When the potatoes are almost done cooking heat your tortillas. I have a gas stove so I put mine on direct heat, but you can do it in a warm skillet as well. Once all tortillas are cooked, set aside, and keep warm.
- Check your potatoes for doneness and seasoning. Add additional salt and pepper as needed. Once cooked, set aside, and keep warm.
- Next cook your eggs. Whisk the eggs and add the butter. Heat a nonstick skillet to med-high and add egg butter mixture. Cook stirring often until eggs are done.
- Place 4 tortillas onto individual plates. Evenly top with potatoes, eggs, cheese and cilantro if using. Serve with sour cream and salsa
*Make sure you buy chorizo and not chorizo sausage it makes a huge difference. Regular chorizo if very soft and flavors the potatoes very well.